Saturday 18 October 2014

Day Ten

So today was a hard day for Matt, but he's currently just been freed from an 18 hour sentence, but that report will be posted as soon as it's been written.

This is Matts report from yesterday to keep you all busy.

"Showered and put the prisons on as scheduled at 1100.  Could not decide which socks to use for the extended period and ended up going with Under Armor black athletic type socks.  They are some of my favorite socks I own and I know they can get damp after much use.  I have kind of been challenging myself to try and get the dampness and smell ratings up a bit (which is contrary to what I would think I want) and find myself keeping close track.  Thought maybe these socks would be pretty hot.  Because of a schedule thing, I knew I would have to wear them at work and this made the time inside them a bit easier.  Mind was off of the fact that they were strapped to my feet.  I expected to be done work at about 6pm but got held over (again) so didn't find myself driving home until about 9pm.  When I realized it was 9, I pulled the car over and immediately removed the socks.  Interesting experience doing this in the car.  I find it very very hard to show my feet in public and although a car is somewhat private, it was still a weird feeling...like someone might see me doing it.  In any case, drove home with bare in and once home, left them on.  It was a long session with barefeet in the prisons but I was so tired that I fell asleep with 2 hours left on the sentence.  Slept with no problem and when I found myself waking up with 10 minutes left, it was a nice feeling.  They were getting a bit warm on the inside and definitely could tell they were a bit damp.  Peeled them off as scheduled and once again, the feet were very smooth and relieved to be free.  The feet were a bit damp but the shoes were not.  I found myself laying in bed with one of the sneakers over my face for about 2 mins.  Very hot...I am liking where this is going!  I was way too tired so just left them on the bed as instructed previously and fell back asleep.  I think wearing the high tops without socks may actually be helping the condition of my feet.  Doesnt seem like it would be good for them, but it seems the are staying softer longer.  I dont know if there is research or information to back my thoughts.  Maybe it is just the dampness.  It is kind of natually arousing falling back asleep with finally free, damp, comfortable feet.  I am not one to check out my own feet, but it is a nice feeling and is getting into my head a bit.  In a good way.  Maybe this evil sentence of having to wear these on a schedule is something I am enjoying too much?  Hmmmmmm.  Looks like I will know more after the weekend.  Lot of hours scheduled.....and it isnt even next week yet!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment