Wednesday 15 October 2014

Day Seven

So today was a little messed up because Matt's work schedule had changed, so it became the first overnight sentence a few days earlier than planned.

So without any delay here's Matt's report, the dampness and smell increased to a 2.5 and 3 respectively :-)

"Had to have the schedule adjusted slightly because of extra hours at work so it was scheduled from 8pm last night until 7am today.  Knowing it would involve some hours of sleeping in the prisons made me dread it slightly more.  Had some new socks come in the mail today so I thought this would be a good trial night for them.  They went on at 8 and by 9pm I was at the gym doing my nightly workout.  Really nothing out of the ordinary and I was feeling good about it.  Not real warm and much more comfortable than when this "project" started.  I took a few action shots for the blog at the gym hoping that my suffering might be making someone happy somewhere ;).  Had a so so work out with a bit of sweat so I figured eventually the feet would get a bit warm.  Really didnt happen too bad at the gym.  Once home, I got a bit lazy and layed on the couch a bit watching some football.  This is where the fun began.  The longer I layed with my feet up, the more burning sensation I got on the feet.  It was a bit weird in that it seemed to be very isolated to one area.  The ball of the foot, on both, just seemed to be heating up more and more.  Almost like the sock was on fire.  I thought maybe these new socks are defective....although how much can some socks take!  I found that if I put the feet back on the floor it seemed to relieve the heat a bit.  It got me curious....is it the circulation in the feet or the sneakers themselves?  I actually found myself doing some research on the internet trying to find out why it happens that way.  That's how distinct the difference is.  Enough to conduct home reasearch.  In any case, they seemed to cool a bit more although the comfort level wasnt all that great.  I actually found that it felt exactly as if my toes had actually been melted together.  It was like there was no way to move just one toe but instead they functioned as a unit.  Probably had something to do with the sock being sweated on and the prison laced high and tight.  I started to get tired enough that it didn't matter.  I actually stopped worrying and just wanted to sleep after a few hours.  I had a beer, thinking it would help me sleep through and went to bed.  I found myself under the covers with the feet sticking out the bottom.  I was amazed how well I slept.  No real problems at all.  I woke up just long enough to remove them at the designated time and I don't think the removal of them has been more relieving yet.  I think my feet were suffering more than I knew.  I contently layed back down with my damper than ever feet breathing heavily and the prisons in the bed next to me as instructed.  Slept pretty comforatbly for a bit longer and then the shower was even sweeter.  The overall experience during this session was intense.  At one point on the couch I actually found myself getting claustophobic about having them on.  I had myself convinced that I wanted them off but that I could not take them off.  Weird but true.  I think the mental game is working as planned.  Obviously being claustophobic is not a good thing but as we discussed when this all started, it seems the tough mental things are what gets me horned the most.  Total catch 22 with nothing other than intense experiences resulting.  I think that is why the face to face will be so intense.  This is all a good work up to it and I often feel like I am in training.  At least I got to have socks on....right?"

His socked sessions are now starting to reduce in time in favour of bare feet being locked in the prisons, watch this space :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment